Crossroads

It started where it all began… to the place where we first met… with the girl of my dreams…

It was a sunny day two years ago. I was walking my dog at a neighborhood park when I saw a teenage girl just about my age, crying. Being the concerned person that I am, I nonchalantly approached her, sat down beside her and offered my handkerchief. She looked up at me with that teary face and I ended up staring deep into her eyes. How beautiful, I thought. Then she began crying again. “What’s wrong?” I asked her. “My boyfriend just broke up with me,” she said and continued to cry. To lighten up the mood, I tried my best to make her laugh. I told her several jokes, some I didn’t even think were funny, just too see what her smiling face looked like. The more I tried to comfort her, the more she seemed to cry. So I kept quiet and listened to her suppressed sobs. Slowly, I felt my hear being crushed.

A year later, I was walking at the school corridors. Beside me was the girl I tried to comfort one year ago, but now she was happy and smiling. Back then I didn’t even think we’d become this close, sharing jokes and stories with each other like the best of friends. Our friends kept teasing us, saying we looked like lovers. I wished with all my heart that she could be mine. Not just as friends but more than that. I know its impossible but I can’t stop myself and how I feel for her.

Another year passed, we were at school having a good time. She’s now the most popular girl in campus. Now I’m sure that we cannot be together. I could feel the jealous stares of the guys around me. I like being beside her but I know it’s wrong. Is this a love worth risking?

Now its two and a half years after the day we first met... at the same park… with the same tearful face… I tried my best to comfort her again but just like before it had no effect. She looked up at me again with the same eyes full of tears. I felt that my heart and soul was dying. Then out of the blue, she confessed her love to me. A love she’s been hiding for almost two years. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. The most famous girl in school, the girl admired and loved by everyone, the girl I fell in love with at first sight said she loves me. My happiness was beyond the limit. I held her hand and told her that I loved her too ever since I saw her tearful face. I hugged her tightly, a hug full of love and affection. Then we looked at each other’s eyes and kissed a deep, passionate kiss. I didn’t care about the stares we kept receiving from the people around us. I was kissing the girl I loves and that’s all there is to it. This is the moment that I have been waiting for and there’s no turning back. The time has come. This is it. My final turning point... My first big step to homosexuality.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds